Are you looking for ways to improve your smile? Did you know, a healthy smile is a beautiful smile? Well, it’s true! Cavities can darken your smile and cause you pain and sensitivity. Gum disease can also cause swollen or bleeding gums and bad breath. That is why having positive oral health can improve your smile. Our dentist, Dr. Eli J. Lawrence in Chicago, Illinois, is dedicated to helping others have positive oral health, which is why our office is happy to provide some tips for you.
Here are some tips for achieving positive oral health:
– Always have a proper treatment plan in place to help eliminate risks associated with poor oral hygiene, which should include brushing twice every day. To reach areas that brushing alone cannot, use dental floss to clean gaps between teeth.
– Focus on using cleaning products that are recommended by your dentist and are considered safe for use.
– Eliminate unhealthy products from your life such as foods that can damage your teeth and gums, which includes sugars and starches. Sugars and starches can contribute to dental erosion. Similarly, hard substances can fracture your teeth.
– Exercise caution with any teeth whitening treatment systems you use, as some can bleach teeth and wear down your tooth enamel.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups so that your oral health care can be assessed, and restorations and repairs can be given. Also, meet with your dentist every six months for a professional cleaning to help lower your risk of cavities and tooth decay.
As you can see there are many things you can do for positive oral health. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need to see a professional, our dental team is here for you. Please feel free to call Eli Lawrence, DDS at 312-236-9895 for an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to helping you.