The battle against bruxism can occur at any time. In fact, it might be going on right now and you would be completely unaware of it. This is because bruxism is a condition caused by grinding, gnashing, and clenching your teeth, often unconsciously and while asleep. Diagnosing bruxism can be difficult because it is so difficult to be self-aware when it happens. Instead, you should look for the signs it may be occurring:
– You may have bruxism if you already suffer from a temporomandibular disorder.
– You may have bruxism if you already suffer from sleep apnea.
– You may have bruxism if your teeth appear to be flattening or wearing down as the days pass by.
– You may have bruxism if you wake up with muscle soreness in your face or jaw.
– You may have bruxism if you experience an increase in tooth sensitivity.
– You may have bruxism if the inner tissue of your mouth appears to be gnawed or chewed on.
– You may have bruxism if your jaw tends to lock up on occasion and won’t fully open or close.
If you would like to schedule your professional cleaning at Eli Lawrence, DDS or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Eli J. Lawrence and our team at our dentist office in Chicago, Illinois, please give us a call at 312-236-9895. Come in and become a success story with a whiter, brighter smile today.