Protect your summer smile with an oral cancer screening. To ensure your oral health remains in tip top shape, get regular screenings to check for oral cancer, as over 40,000 people in America are diagnosed with the disease every year.
Listed below are some of the most commonly found signs of oral cancer:
– Check for a persistent sore throat or the feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, as well as snags chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing.
– Check for discernable damage to your mouth, including eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, and bumps, as well as for sores and lesions that do not heal after 2 weeks.
– Dramatic weight loss that is not easily attributed elsewhere could be a sign of cancer.
– Look for signs of unsolved bleeding occurrences that are not easily stopped.
– Search for signs of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck areas.
– Look for speckled patches in your mouth, typically ones that are white and red.
If you would like to schedule an oral cancer screening with Eli Lawrence, DDS, please call our dentist office at 312-236-9895. We are located in Chicago, Illinois, and Dr. Eli J. Lawrence and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.